Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems

In working with (or should I say for?) super rich parents at my job at Crème de la Crème, I have learned a few things about wealth and what it can and cannot do for you. I’ve learned that money can:
1. Buy you delusions and for others to act like your delusions are reality.
2. Cause you to invent stupid problems for yourself and those around you.
3. Make you believe that you are the center of the universe.
4. Make your life overly busy, stressful, and complicated.
5. Make you think you need to pretend that you're someone you’re not.
6. Cause you to miss the precious early years of your child’s life.
7. Buy you super nice cars, homes, clothes, vacations, and childcare.
I’ve also learned a few things that money cannot do for you. Unfortunately, money cannot:
1. Make you happy.
2. Buy perfect children (or pay for others to make your children perfect).
3. Make you likable.
4. Erase all your problems.
Just a little food for thought to all who hope to be filthy rich some day...

4 comments:

Audra said...

Good to know. Very good to know and remember! You are wise woman.

Michelle Pyne said...

Wise observations from a wise woman!

Caytee said...

Darn it. I guess my hopes for being super rich are out the window. Oh well! Ha ha! I loved the post.

Adam said...

I guess puff daddy and notorious B.I.G. were right, Mo' Money, Mo' problems.