Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life is Short

I'm coming up on my one year anniversary of working at Creme. This is the longest I've ever worked full-time in one place before. And it's gone by so fast!

I've been thinking recently about how much my kids have changed in the short 11 months I've been at Creme, and it blows my mind how different they are now than 11 months ago. They've all grown up so much.

And this is even more apparent as I think of the children in the younger classes. There were babies when I started that are now in the 2 year old class! And there are big babies now that weren't even born when I started! Sheesh!

If there's one thing I've learned from working in this profession, it is that babies and young children don't stay babies and young children for long. They grow up so fast. It makes me want to cherish every second I have with these darling, innocent, precious children of mine. The time we have to spend with them in their first five years is really so, so short. It's a lesson I hope to remember when I have children of my own.

2 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

Some days I just want to reach out and stop the world and hold the joy for just a little while longer.

Jessi said...

I really hope that someday in heaven we will be able to perfectly remember some of these fleeting moments. I would LOVE to be able to "experience" some of them over again.