Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm Turning into my Mom

This morning while I was cleaning the bathroom I realized that the blinds really needed to be cleaned. So I decided to take the time to dust and wipe off each blind individually. It took a long time, but in the end they looked SO much better! Afterwards I just wanted to stand and stare at them. And so I did--this afternoon I took a break to eat a nectarine and I decided to eat it standing in front of my brilliantly white blinds in the bathroom. :) As I was doing so, I remembered how my mom would stand and stare at the walls and ceiling in our Eugene home after she painted them, and I thought, "I'm turning into my mom! Hooray!" My mom and I like to enjoy the fruits of our labors! Speaking of which, Chad planted three fruit trees this morning!! He planted one yesterday, too, and so our yard now has four fruit trees. Take a look.
They are in order of right to left: cherry, pear, apple (in front of the wall), and peach.

Chad has put so much work into this yard!!! When we moved in, the only things in this sloped area were rocks, those stairs, dirt, and weeds. And now it looks like this! He did a ton of weeding, built a retaining wall, planted sod in the area in front of the retaining wall, put down a ton of mulch, reshaped the rocks so they look good, and planted four trees. We also have a shed in our backyard, and he recently cleaned out all the junk the previous owners left and organized it so it looks really nice and has a lot more room in it. And he has done all of this in the super duper hot heat we've been having. He is such a hard worker. I am lucky to have him as a husband!

P.S. I am so happy to be back in the blogging world! More blogs and pictures to come about our honeymoon, a recent camping trip we took to the Uintas, and my job. Also, I will start commenting on your blogs again!

11 comments:

Shana said...

HOORAY!! I am so glad you are back! And it looks like great work Chad has been doing, and I am sure you too! I can't wait to see pics of the honeymoon! I am so glad you are settling and things are doing so well for you!! Love ya tons!!!

Kimberlie said...

Welcome back! It was fun to come to your reception and see you guys. Your back yard is so cute! You have a hard working hubby too. Good for him and you :)

Michelle said...

The yard is looking AWESOME! Hooray for Chad! Don't we all grow up to be just like our moms? It is so great! I love the new blog!

Jessi said...

I want to come see your house!! I've missed you and am glad I got to talk to you yesterday and that you are now back in the blogging scene!

Laura said...

Hooray! I'm glad you're back! I missed you! Your house looks so cute- I wish I could come see it. (By the way, I love the title of your blog).

cpcox99 said...

Abbi (amd Chad) - the yard looks great - definitely a huge improvement from the last time I saw it. The trees will be so much fun!! Abbi - I'm glad you're blogging again too.

Kami Hall said...

YAY!! You're back!! I missed you! I want to hear all about EVERYTHING!! How was Hawaii? How Was camping? How is being married? Spill it girl!

Elaine said...

Abbi, I actally have a blog. I love reading all your entries and yes I am very sad you work so close to where we USED to live. Wouldn't ya know how things turn out.

Elaine said...

Your wedding festivities were extraordinar What a beautiful bride and groom. We need to catch up on everything. Thanks for your e-mail. LOVE YA

Michelle Pyne said...

Another way you are turning into your Mom is that you don't have (or take) time to blog as much as you did when you were a byu coed..... But just know I am waiting patiently for more words of wisdom from Abbi!

Crystal said...

I must be a lot like your mom. I pondered your incite on how we take a step back and receive great joy in how we have beautified a certain area. Then I thought about the creation and in Moses chapter 2 and verses 4,10,12,18,21,25, the Lord says, "and I, God, saw that all things which I had created were good". But I guess verse 31 is my favorite, "And I, God, saw everything that I had made, and, behold, all things which I had made were VERY good; and the evening and the morning were the sixth day". So maybe those feelings are heaven born!