Monday, April 21, 2008

We Did It!


After almost six months of diligent training, my friend Maegan and I finished the Salt Lake Half Marathon! I am so proud of how we did! I did not think we could do it as fast as we did. About three miles into the race, we were talking about the time we would get if we ran ten minute miles. I remember thinking "There's no way we are going to run it that fast!" And we did! The results were posted today and we found out our time was 2:10:07 and that our mile pace was 9:56! I will post pictures from it later, but I just wanted to share the happy news. I am so happy I did it. My favorite part of it all was getting together with Maegan three times a week to chat and run, but the actual race was really fun too. The feeling of accomplishment is wonderful.

Chad also ran the half marathon, and did amazing for not training for it! He ran the first five miles with Maegan and me, and then stopped to walk for a bit. He finished less than twenty minutes after us, despite the fact he didn't hardly train at all and we trained a lot! My brother-in-law Jon ran the full marathon and also did amazing for not fully training for it. Go Jon for finishing your fourth marathon! Wow! My other brother-in-law Preston and my sister-in-law Caytee ran the half-marathon and both did awesome too. Yay for us! Like I said, I'll post pictures later.

10 comments:

Jessi said...

That is so awesome!!! I wish I could have been there to cheer you on. We'll have to talk later and you can tell me ALL about it. I want details!

Laura said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so proud of you Abbi! It sounds like you had so much fun! Go Abbi!

Crystal said...

Great job Abbi! That is AWESOME! Are you thinking about doing another one anytime soon? We need to do one soon too!

Elaine said...

Run, Abbi Run....(think Forrest Gump)

cpcox99 said...

You did an awesome job Abbi! We're proud of you. It takes a lot of time to train for a half marathon! Way to go!!

Michelle Pyne said...

All you runners are amazing! Congratulations on a singular accomplishment!

Kami Hall said...

Wow! You guys are awersome!! Good job!

Caytee said...

And it WAS a big deal!

Michelle said...

Way to go Abbi! I would like to do that someday! What an accomplishment!

Katie said...

Yay for the 1/2 marathon. You and Maegan worked so hard for it, and I'm so impressed! After running the 5K, I want to run the 1/2 marathon next year, we'll see. I"m glad I found you (from Maegan's blog). You're such a great girl, and I'm glad to know you!