Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Memory

I'm not going to lie--I have a pretty good memory. But there is one thing I am NOT good at remembering, and that is plot lines. After watching a movie or reading a book, I remember characters, but I do not remember what happened or in what order things happened! It is so funny to me. I can watch a movie or read a book for the second time and it feels like the first because I can't remember what's going to happen! This has happened to me with the Bourne movies, Harry Potter VI, Moulin Rouge, and other books and movies. I kinda like it, because it means I can experience many wonderful things twice! :)

And on a less random note, we got a new car today! Hooray! Our Nissan Maxima was giving us grief and not getting very good gas mileage, so we traded it in for another Honda Civic. We've loved our civic and we feel happy to have two of them now. It's white, and so now we have salt and pepper in our garage. :) I'm so excited because it's a manual and so now I get to learn how to drive a stick shift! I've always wanted to learn how to drive a stick, but never had any need to, so didn't get around to it. And now I will. Wish me luck!!! And the best part of it all is we just passed mile 111,111 in the Maxima, and so we were able to still experience that happy milestone in it before giving it up. Chad and I were together when we hit mile 111,111 and had a great celebration over it. And in about another 25,000 miles, we'll be able to celebrate that milestone together for the third time in our white civic! Life is bliss.

4 comments:

cpcox99 said...

I didn't know you got a new car. Very cool. Civics are the best. We have 175,000 on our Civic now and will get another one soon. :) It was fun seeing you guys last night.

Michelle Pyne said...

Happy new car! I assume you will drive 'pepper' and Chad will drive 'salt' until you learn to drive a stick shift. I think you will master driving a stick in no time! It just takes a little practice to learn how the car reacts. You guys will be saving so much gasoline! Way to go!

I loved your celebration of 111,111! That is soooo Abbi! Of course if we ever see 11:11 we celebrate in your honor.

I guess you are such a people person that you are so focused on the characters you don't have anything left to handle the plot! That way you can see good movies over and over and still enjoy them.

Kami Hall said...

I remember when I was learning how to drive stick. My friend taught me in her jeep. I wasn't allowed to leave the parking lot though.. but that's probably a good thing. Good luck!!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new car! So exciting!