Friday, April 30, 2010

Laugh Out Loud

Like I've said before, my kids make me laugh out loud every day by the things they say and do. I love it. Most things don't sound very funny to those who don't know the kids, but this week I've had two conversations that I thought you might appreciate, even without knowing the kids.

My coteacher is on vacation this week, and so I've had her schedule: 7-4. (I usually have the 9 to 6 shift.) I have love love loved having the 7-4 shift!! It is oh so nice. This morning I had an average of 2 kids between 7 and 9. Compare that with the average of 10 kids I usually have between 4 and 6 in the evening!

Anyhow, at one point this morning the two kids in my class were I* (girl) and G* (boy). They were both playing pretend, when out of the blue I* has the idea to pretend that they are getting married. G* goes along with it for a minute or so until I* holds her hands out to him and says, "Come on, G*, let's dance." G* says, "No." I ask G* why he won't dance with her. He says, "Because I'm Iron Man!" I ask him why Iron Man can't dance. He says, "Because Iron Man is a superhero!" I say, "Well, sometimes superheroes dance." And he says emphatically, "And sometimes they don't." Hahaha!

And yesterday in the hallway I told the kids we were going to drop something off at the kitchen. A*, one of my Korean kids who is just learning English, says, "Ms. Abbi, I like cooking!" I ask him if he likes cooking with his mom and dad. He says yes and this makes another child remember and say, "My dad likes chocolate!" To which another child says, "My dad likes white chocolate!" And then A*, my Korean kid, says, "My mommy likes pink chocolate!" So cute!

2 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

I love the perspective of a three-year-old! They always bring a smile to your heart.

Jessi said...

I'm pretty sure I would like pink chocolate, too. :)