Monday, May 24, 2010

Today's Funniest Moment

I'm reading a book to 12 three-year-olds about our bodies, and before the page about our brains, I ask the children, "What's inside your head?" After much probing, I realize none of them know. So I tell them that their brains are inside their heads and that they use their brains to think. One of my students, a beautiful girl with blonde hair and big gray eyes raises her hand and says very innocently and emphatically, "But Ms. Abbi, I don't have a brain!" Hahaha.

It was one of those moments when I couldn't keep myself from laughing out loud really hard. And so of course many other students join in happily, "Ms. Abbi, I don't have a brain!" Oh dear.

So I get myself together and say very seriously that everyone has a brain and without a brain we couldn't think or do all of the many things we do at school. But my blonde girl wouldn't have anything of it, she insisted that she did NOT have a brain. She said, "Ms. Abbi, I can think without a brain!" I finally had to drop it. I still don't know why she was so adamant that she did not have a brain. I'm glad about it though, because it made me laugh inside even after I had changed the subject.

3 comments:

Flora said...

hahahahahaha that is so sweet!! <3 Where do you think she got that?

Is it possible she got it from someone saying "blondes are silly"?? can 3-year-olds do that? O.o

Shelley said...

What a fun and demanding job you have! You are perfect for those darling three year olds. I love to read the stories about them and you.

Michelle Pyne said...

Thanks to you and the little blond for a great laugh!