Sunday, September 26, 2010

Enlarging My Mind

Recently I've been contemplating how I often have to think of many things at once at work--several needs to meet, several disasters to avert, several materials to gather or disperse, several children to direct or comfort, several principles to teach, etc, seemingly all at the same time. Some days I feel like my head is running around in circles and might explode any minute. One day, the thought occurred to me, "I need more room in my brain to process everything at once." Upon thinking this, the scriptures Alma 37:8 and Alma 32:28 came to my mind. These scriptures say the word of God enlarges people's memories and their souls. It occurred to me that if I align my life with God's truth, He will help enlarge my mind and heart so there will be enough room for it all.

2 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

What a great "likening" of that scripture! That's one way he enables us to do things we ordinarily wouldn't be able to do. Thanks for sharing your insight!

Jessi said...

Totally makes sense. Isn't the gospel amazing. There is an answer for every problem and difficulty. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us.