Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Fun


Chad and I have gone out three nights in a row this weekend! On Thursday we went standby to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert. We didn't end up getting in, but I really didn't mind because we got to walk around Temple Square instead. And we even got to listen to some of the concert in the Tabernacle (where it was being broadcast from the Conference Center). But my favorite part was walking around Temple Square with Chad! It was all wintry and snowy and there were beautiful lights everywhere--I loved it! I don't think we've ever gone to Temple Square together before, and with the lights it was just so beautiful. He even got down on his knee and proposed in one corner of the temple grounds! :)

Another really happy part of Thursday night was running into one of my best friends from London who I haven't seen since then (she went on her mission right when we got home from London and I haven't seen her since she's got back in June). It was so good to chat with her--hear about her mission, reminisce about London, and have her and Chad get to know each other better.

On Friday night we went to the work party for Chad's clinic that he goes to once a week. It was fun to meet some of the people he works with there, and there were a few really witty people that made it fun. Plus, there was yummy food, which always makes me happy. :) I think Christmas parties are so fun.

And then yesterday we got to go to the M* family Christmas party in P*. THANK YOU CARRIE for planning and doing all the work for that party! It was a huge success. Even more delicious food than the food we had the night before, and by far better company. :) I love Chad's family so much--it feels so good to be in their big circle of love. The party started with basketball (which Adam and Jessie joined us for, we were so glad!) and then we had a dinner and watched some slideshows Curt and Carrie made. It was fun to watch clips from old family video footage, when all the now-parents were the little kids and the now-grandparents were the busy parents of little ones. Family is the most joyous part of life, and I can't wait to join my immediate family next Thursday!
P.S. Adam and Jessie, everyone was so disappointed that you had to leave--everyone kept asking why you didn't stay for dinner. You'll have to schedule your calendars to join the M* Christmas party next year. :)

8 comments:

Shana said...

Abbi, I am so glad you have had a good weekend!! It sounds perfect!!! :) Love you!

Jessi said...

You and Audra have been partying. Sounds fun!

Kami Hall said...

That sounds fun! John and I walked through Temple Square when we were going to the symphony. Beautiful!

Diana said...

We are going to Temple Square this week with the youth. I haven't been there during the Christmas season for awhile.

Michelle Pyne said...

We are putting this on our 'things to do in the future' list! We haven't seen the Temple Square lights in person for years and years! So glad you enjoyed it so much! I think that's great that Chad proposed to you (again!) Isn't that a requirement - to propose on the temple grounds?? How romantic!

Elaine said...

These are such wonderful times you are having for your first Christmas as a married couple. Enjoy them all.

Caytee said...

Oh man...Abbi. We sure love you! I wish we could have been there. Sounded like a big success.

Caytee said...

Oh man...Abbi. We sure love you! I wish we could have been there. Sounded like a big success.