Saturday, December 1, 2007

'Tis the Season to be Jolly!

We woke up to lots of snow on the ground this morning, and it kept snowing until about 2 in the afternoon! As you can see by this picture, we got about a foot of snow.


I love the snow because it makes everything so pretty, but it was sad today because the snow made the roads really bad and so we weren't able to make it to Preston's baptism! After making a valiant effort to drive to L* where Preston was being baptized, we (Nate, Michelle, Curt, Carrie, their boys, Jon, Grandma C*, and me) turned around and spent the morning and early afternoon at Grandma C*'s. It was another fun Saturday with the fam. But we missed Chad because he had to work. Once I got home and it stopped snowing, I decided I probably should shovel the driveway, sidewalks, and walkway in front of our house. I was so proud of myself, because that was a lot of snow to shovel. It took me about an hour to do it all. Here is the final product:

Another very happy thing I wanted to share with you is that Chad and I have decorated our home for the Christmas season! Chad had the day off yesterday and we spent part of it at Target buying Christmas gifts and some stuff we needed. Well, I wanted to buy some Christmas cards and so I asked Chad to come with me to the Christmas section and help me pick some out. And while we were in that section, Chad suggested we buy a Christmas tree. My initial reaction was that we couldn't because we'd have to spend a lot of money on the tree, lights, and ornaments, but he convinced me that we could spend the money.

I am so glad he did, because I had so much fun picking out ornaments for our tree and then decorating the tree with him. He also bought some lights for the outside of the house and a wreath to go on the door. He did such a good job, don't you think?


(This picture absolutely cracks me up, because it looks like there is a full moon in the background, but there totally wasn't! It's like a little tender mercy from God, because He knows how much I love the moon. :) But really, I do think it's pretty strange that that random light showed up looking like a moon in the picture.)

And here is our tree:

It's funny, because our tree only has a few ornaments on it, but it feels like the prettiest tree I've ever seen. I just love to sit and look at it. Our first Christmas tree together!

We also got to put up the nativity scene Carol gave me for my bridal shower. I love nativity scenes and would like to collect them like my sister Jessi does. And I really like my first one! Thank you so much, Carol!

I am so grateful for this Christmas season. It is a time of such joy for me. I love the gift-giving, the Christmas music, the tromping through the snow, the family get-togethers, the opportunities to participate in charities, and the abundant reminders of Christ's love, miracles, humility, and salvation. And I feel especially happy this Christmas season, as it's my first with my wonderful husband. Merry Christmas everyone!

10 comments:

Jessi said...

You shoveled all that snow?! You're just like Mom! And I love your Christmas decorations. I still remember the feeling of looking at our very first Christmas tree. There is something magical about it.

Michelle Pyne said...

I love the snow, and may I say, you are an EXCELLENT snow-shoveler! It is in your genes! Your tree is beautiful! And your lights, wreath, and nativity are beautiful! You guys are ready for Christmas! I'll have to get my rear in gear and catch up with you!

Elaine said...

It is so beautiful now with the snow. I have been having fun decorating too. Your first Christmas married and your home is beautiful. Full moon(not)and all.

Shana said...

WOW! Everything looks beautiful! I am proud of you for shoveling all the snow! I bet you had so much fun!! It is wonderful to be married and enjoying the christmas season together with each other!! Love you guys tons!!
Oh and I loved the snow yesterday too!!

Chris said...

Abbi your house looks beautiful! You're so blessed. And what a fun time to be spending your first Christmas together. I remember mine and Rogers 30 years ago in our little apartment. It's so fun to have the Christmas spirit. Merry Christmas!!!

Kjirsten said...

How festive and fun. This will certainly be a Christmas you will remember for a long time. Thanks for the pictures.

Kami Hall said...

You are awesome! I don't even shovel snow at our house! (I should though) Your house looks great! Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

Your house did look so beautiful! and especially the tree! Colby is still talking about your tree. Thank you for letting him be apart of that! And thanks again for a fabulous Friday night! You both are great! Nice work on the shoveling. It is a good work out, isn't it?

Kjirsten said...

Abs, don't worry, we'll have twice as much fun the next time you're in town. No need for apologies, it's all good.

Kimberlie said...

You have such a cute house! I miss snow. I wish I could live somewhere where it snowed November and December and then it was done!

Enjoy your first Christmas together :)