Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oh the Places We've Been

A year ago this weekend Chad and I got married! In some ways I can hardly believe it, but in other ways our wedding day feels like a really long time ago. We have done so much in our first year! We've had multiple people tell us to live it up and travel as much as we can before having kids, and we've tried our hardest to do just that. And I think we've done a pretty good job, thanks to Chad's amazing trip-planning skills. Chad has taken me so many places, I don't know how I got so lucky. Here are the highlights of our year in 31 pictures:

MIDWAY--with a beautiful view of Mt. Timpanogos.

HAWAII--with a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean.

Helicoptering over Maui.Hiking through a bamboo forest.
Black sand beach.
The Hawaii temple (we've also been to the Jordan River, Bountiful, Provo, Manti, Ogden, Salt Lake, and San Diego temples together since we've been married).We also went snorkeling in Hawaii, but I don't have any pictures of that.

UINTAS--with a beautiful view of the mountains.

My first time every back-packing
My first time ever catching a fish
OREGON--where we had a marvelous time with my parents.THE CABIN--we've been there three times since getting married. While there we went four-wheeling, snow-mobiling, and snow-shoeing. Here's one picture of me on a four-wheeler, but not at the cabin.

PAYSON LAKE-- picnicing in the nice cool weather in the mountains--so refreshing when it's a hot summer day in the valley, and so fun to spend time with family!

TENNIS--I'm proud of how good my husband is at this sport.

NATIONAL PARKS TRIP--can be summed up in one word: WOW!!!
Canyonlands
Arches Camping--I'm a much better camper than I was a year ago. I've found that I really like it.
Mesa Verde--one of the many places Chad has taken me that has encouraged me to overcome my fear of heights.
The Grand Canyon.
Zion's

ST GEORGE MARATHON--Way to go, Chad!!!

CEDAR CITY--for Caytee's Wedding:

GEORGIA--wonderful Christmas with my family, minus Adam and Jessie.SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL--fun times with Nate, Michelle, and Jon.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA--pretend this is a beach on California (it's really in Mexico--I feel so dumb I didn't take any pictures in California even though we were there for a full week and we saw some very pretty stuff!).MEXICO--such a fun trip!
Sea kayaking to the arch at Cabo.

Deep sea fishing.
Sliding down rocks.
SALT LAKE HALF MARATHON--Go us!! Too bad it's not the most flattering picture of either of us, haha. Oh well.


GREEN RIVER TRIP--with beautiful views of red red rock.




I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest girl on the planet. Thanks, Chad, this year's been the best!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have done alot in a year. Happy Anniversary.

Audra said...

You guys took that advice really seriously! My goodness! What great memories. Keep it up.

Jessi said...

What a fun first year!! And with such a great start I wonder how many wonderful things the future holds.

Michelle Pyne said...

I am impressed! That is a great way to start your first year together! And tomorrow, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! We love Abbi and Chad!

Caytee said...

Wow...it really has been a year! What a trip? You guys are wonderful. I truly admire you both!

Elaine said...

I have a feeling you have just begun. It really (traveling) gets in your blood. Chad and Morris sound too much alike. By the way, we took our kids everywhere and it was great!!! So don't let that stop you. Happy Trails to you..Love the pictures. And Happy Anniversery!!!

Chris said...

What an awesome first year!! I hope you'll enjoy many more happy and healthy years together.

Mary said...

I can't believe it's been a year! What fun times you've had :) Oh, the anticipation of the good years to follow!! You guys are GREAT! :)

cpcox99 said...

You guys are really taking some of our advice seriously. :) Honestly, I'm so glad you've had such a fun first year of marriage. We couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law married to Chad. Love you guys!