Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Nice try, Ms. Abbi"

I brought some of the pictures we took in D.C. into my class to show my students pictures of our nation's capitol. I thought their responses to this picture were cute.

My kindergarteners responded all about the same:

"Ms. Abbi, that picture is so cool! It looks like you're touching it! You're not really touching it, are you?...How did you make it look like you're touching it?"

Here is the response of an 8 year old:

"Nice try, Ms. Abbi, I know you're not a giant!!"

And of a 9 year old:

"Ms. Abbi, I know how you made yourself look as tall as that building. You can't trick me! You just stood really far away. I've done that before." (He seemed quite proud of himself that he knew how I did it. :) )

7 comments:

Caytee said...

How funny! Yet adorable. Aren't kids hilarious? You are so perfect for them.

cpcox99 said...

So cute! I bet you heard lots of giggles when the kids saw this picture. :)

Michelle Pyne said...

You have to get up pretty early to fool kids these days! It is so fun to see them figure things out. I love their innocense. (did it spell that right??)

Missy said...

So funny! Kids crack me up with the things they say! I love going to primary every week just to hear the things that the kids say!

I hope all is well with you guys!

Missy said...

So funny! Kids crack me up with the things they say! I love going to primary every week just to hear the things that the kids say!

I hope all is well with you guys!

Shana said...

Those are sure smart kids!! :) You have got to be the best teacher Abbi!! You are amazing with kids!

Elaine said...

I tried to take a picture of Morris like that and it didn't work because the light was wrong and the item in his hand was gone.
So now I can see how it could have been. oh well,