Monday, October 22, 2007

Best Weekend

Last weekend was so wonderful!!! And why? Because Mom and Dad came to visit! I have the best parents ever. They are so fun, kind, understanding, giving, and funny. Here are all the great things we did together:

Thursday night they arrived and we chatted and had a nice dinner at our house (which my mom cooked for us) and then played games and watched the Red Sox/Indians game.

Friday morning my mom gave me a haircut.

Friday night we hung out with the P* crew in Springville. It was so fun to be with them! They are just the funniest people and I love them so much! We had a delicious potluck dinner and my parents hired an amazing balloon-making/magician guy to come and entertain the kids for part of the night. I think I was just as entertained as the kids were! It was a really fun night.

After the P* get-together we (Mom, Dad, Adam, Jessie, Chad, and me) went to Adam's apartment and played Catch Phrase. So fun! That game is always a bunch of laughs.

Saturday morning my parents, Adam, Chad, and I went to the Provo temple together. It was a really special time because: a) the temple is just an amazing place, b) it was the temple my parents went to a lot in their first years of marriage, and c) it has been my temple for the last few years (I did baptisms for the dead there almost every week while at BYU) and I finally was able to do an endowment session in it! All those years of waiting to be endowed were definitely worth it.

After the temple we went to see the new BYU alumni building, ate at the BYU Creamery together, and then we went to the BYU football game!! It was so fun because we were all bundled up to stay warm, because it was really cold and rainy. And then in the fourth quarter it started SNOWING really a lot, and so we left a little early. They beat Eastern Washington 42-7. Go Cougs! It was my first BYU football game in three years, and it was definitely as fun as ever!

After the game we had a H* family get-together at Alan and Koleen's. We ate, talked, and watched football games on their really nice television. Alan and Koleen have such a nice home and it was so good to be together. I love my family so much!!! I cannot say enough good things about them.

I am so glad I was able to have such a wonderful weekend. I love my family and am so grateful for them! Thanks, Mom and Dad, for everything!!

P.S. Thanks, Chad, for dropping out of your tennis tournament so you could be there for all the family functions! And thanks, Jon, for filling in for Chad so he could join us!

10 comments:

Elaine said...

It was so fun seeing you and Chad again and everyone. You had one packed weekend. Let me know if you want to be a carrot or a green M&M

Michelle Pyne said...

Oh, it was happiness all over again just reading about it!! Thanks for letting us enjoy the "penthouse suite" at your Bed and Breakfast! You treated us like royalty, and we loved every minute of it. Chad, thanks a million times for being with us! Can't wait until the next time!

Kami Hall said...

Wow..packed weekend for sure! Sounds like fun! I wish I could have been at the Pyne fling!

Audra said...

How I wish we could have been there too. But I am so glad for blogs so I can hear the different reports and see the pictures. It was great seeing the pictures that Shana took and posted on her blog.

Michelle said...

You do have a wonderful family! I am glad you guys had a great weekend together! We missed you at the shower!

Jessi said...

We do have the coolest family EVER. I wish I could have been there with you!

cpcox99 said...

It sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. We did miss you on Saturday at Caytee's shower, but I'm glad you got to spend time with your mom and dad. They're great!

Chris said...

It was a real fun party and good food. It was so fun to watch all the kids be so patient and mismerized by the balloon guy. Each of them waiting their turn for a neat balloon. Thanks for making the effort to be there. You both look so happy!!!

Shana said...

It was so fun!! I am glad we got to get together!! :) You and Chad are so cute!! I just love you guys!

Kimberlie said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. Every few months I get homesick to see my Family! There are many times I wish I lived closer.