Friday, October 19, 2007

This Month's Book Club Book is...

Book of a Thousand Days, by Shannon Hale. I really liked it! It's a fantasy book about a princess's maid. It's just delightful. At first I thought it was just a fun story, but as I got into it and after finishing it, I realized the story and characters have so many wonderful deeper meanings. I finished it two weeks ago, and I am still thinking about it! Shannon Hale also wrote The Goose Girl, which I think some of you may have heard of or read. One of my book club friends said the plot lines of those two books are very similar. But I would really recommend it, even if you have read The Goose Girl!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Good to know. I am going to add it to my long list of books to read. I need to get going!!! We are going to miss you tomorrow at the Shower! :-( But I hope you are having a good weekend with your Parents. That is so fun to have them visit! :-)

Kami Hall said...

I'll have to read those. They sound interesting.

Jessi said...

If you liked it, I'm sure I'll like it! I'll add it to my list.

Michelle Pyne said...

Thanks for the tip! I always need recommendations for our book club. When I finish I will call you and we will have our own little private book club talking about it!

cpcox99 said...

I'll have to check that book out too. Thanks for the tip!