Sunday, August 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Chad!

Last Friday was Chad's birthday! We had some fun birthday celebrations. On Thursday we went out to eat with a lot of his family, and that was a ton of fun. Chad has the best, most supportive and fun family. We had a nice breakfast together on his birthday morning and then went on a ward campout that afternoon. We went fishing on a river by Causey Dam, and even though we didn't catch anything, it was really pretty. We also saw the prettiest view of Causey Reservoir, with some people kayaking in it. It was nice to be up in the cool mountains again, although it got REALLY cold at night and we were grateful we had brought extra blankets just in case! And today I made him some Thai food for his birthday dinner from me. It wasn't bad for my first try, but hopefully I'll get better at making Thai food since he likes it so much.

I am so grateful to be married to Chad. He is a saint to put up with me. I love him so much and am so grateful for the things he's taught me about friendship, love, work, learning, trying new things, forgiveness, humility, selflessness, and focusing on what's important in life. I couldn't have dreamed for a better husband. Here are some things I love about Chad:

I love how he is eager to learn about new things and how he reads a lot.
I love how he puts family as such a high priority in his life.
I love how he is so good at socializing and making conversation when we have people over at our house.
I love how he is a cookie monster and brings me home the most delicious cookies from the hospital sometimes!
I love how he makes jokes at times when I least suspect them.
I love how he is so gentle with the Sunbeams, even when they are being difficult.
I love how he stands in front of our house after a friend leaves, to wave good-bye to them as they drive away.
I love how he is so thoughtful to compliment people in front of other people to make them feel good about themselves and bring them positive attention.
I love how he laughs heartily at things he thinks are funny.
I love how he is honest with me and tells me what he likes and doesn’t like.
I love how he woke up at dawn to go fishing on our camping trip to the Uintas.


And here's Chad fishing at sunset on the night before he woke up at dawn on that same trip. Our tent was set up just behind where I'm standing taking this picture, and we had the whole lake to ourselves both nights we were there! It was the most beautiful, peaceful trip.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to Chad! We love you guys!

Michelle Pyne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHAD! You are both so lucky to have each other! A perfect match!

Audra said...

Happy Birthday! Can't wait to see you guys next.

Kami Hall said...

Happy Birthday Chad! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Chad! I think you have the most wonderful husband Abbi! (Except for mine, of course ;) )

Chris said...

I love the things you love about Chad. They aren't your typical things. That's very special. Happy late birthday Chad!!

Ezra said...

Happy belated birthday Big Guy. Abbi, is Chad allowed to make posts to your blog? I'd like to read some of that Cox wit. If not tell him to start his own blog. You two can keep up with Crystal and I at http://ezracrystal.blogspot.com.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on you guys. Make sure to call when you are in the ATL.

Crystal said...

Chad, Happy Birthday. Why wasn't I invited to the dinner. I guess you love Nate and Curt more. JK. Hopefully we will see you at Brandon's baptism and wish you a belated happy birthday in person.