Monday, August 13, 2007

Paradise

Chad and I got back from visiting my parents in Oregon today. I am so sad it's over. It was so perfect. They took us to the Sea Lion caves, the coast, Florence, my dad's hospitals, the Saturday market, the U of O Campus, to my old elementary school and home, and the Wilammette river. We went out to eat to two really nice restaurants and they also fed us such delicious food. We watched "Gandhi," an exceptional old film, in their media room. We went to church and had a nice Sunday meal with my friends Laura and Ben. We went on a fun walk in their neighborhood and also saw a lot of wildlife in their backyard. We played Catch Phrase one night and Speed Scrabble another--my two favorite games. We also just stayed up late last night chatting. My mom and I looked at quilt magazines and decided on what quilt I'd like her to make for our wedding quilt on Friday. She also gave me my quilt that she hand quilted for me! My mom also gave me a much needed haircut this morning.

Everything was just so relaxing and perfect. I am so sad it's over. I am definitely in the withdrawal-mourning stage. I love my parents so much and it was so good to be with them in their beautiful, peaceful, loving home. My parents are some of my very best friends!

And also, it was so good to be back in Eugene. I love that city so much. It holds so many happy memories and feelings for me. I also think it is so beautiful! I love the hills and fir trees so much! I kept thinking, "I am coming back to my roots. Everything about this place is so inviting and homey to me. These trees are so beautiful!! I love how green everything is!" The whole vacation was so beautiful and perfect. I hope we can visit again very soon! Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a weekend of paradise!

7 comments:

Chris said...

That's awesome you got to visit and take Chad there. Sounds like you had a great time. Your mom and dad always know how to show people around and where the best and fun sites are. Glad you're home safe and sound.

Shana said...

HOW FUN! I want to visit!!!:) I am glad you had such a great time!

Michelle said...

It is always so nice to go home! I am glad you guys got the chance to do that. I am sure your parents LOVED having you guys, too! And also get the chance to get to know Chad better! We love your family!

Jessi said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. I was thinking of you and wishing we were there, too!

Elaine said...

What a fun weekend you had. Good everything went so well. You are one busy newly wed couple. ENJOY!! and glad you got home safe and sound.

Kami Hall said...

That's great you had so much fun! I'd love to go vacationing there! Your parents are so cool, I wish I could have gone! I'm glad you guys made it home!

Michelle Pyne said...

Reading your blog was like experience all our fun one more time! Wasn't it so much fun? Thank you so much for coming up! We love being with you!