Monday, August 27, 2007

Ruth Lake

I am finally getting around to posting pictures from our trip to the Uintas!

Look at me with my cool pack frame! Thanks to Dave and Betsy for such a nice and generous wedding gift!!


Although Chad's pack frame is a bit larger than mine, it was about twice as heavy. He carried so much stuff in to our camping spot for us! (Including a blow-up mattress, so my first hiking/camping experience would be more positive and I'd want to go again. :) ) My husband is so strong and tough!

The view from the lake we stayed on. Wow!


Our lovely tent right on Ruth Lake. It really couldn't have been better.

Both nights we were there, the sunsets were absolutely breathtaking. This is the sunset on the first night.

The second day we were there we hiked around the area and fished in six different little lakes. We fished all day! By 4:00, I was getting a little frustrated that I hadn't caught anything all day, and so I had to just put my pole down and stop or else I was going to get mad. But Chad talked me into trying for just ten more minutes, and I finally caught one during that time! This is my first fish, and still my last. Even though we've gone fishing a few times since then, I still haven't caught anything else! Maybe next time. :) I still like to go fishing with Chad, though, because it's always peaceful and beautiful and I can't let go of the hope that I just might catch something. :) Plus, it's fun to see how much Chad loves to fish.

I think about this trip and Hawaii a lot, about how amazing it is that I have experienced so much beauty this summer. Chad and I are so grateful to live in such a pretty area.

8 comments:

Chris said...

I love Ruth Lake!!! We've hiked there several times. I like that it's not too hard too. hahah..But the scenery is so beautiful. You're very patient fishing all day and not catching anything. hahah..what a fisher woman..

cpcox99 said...

What great pictures Abbi! It looks like you guys did have a lot of fun.

Kami Hall said...

Those are great pictures! Looks like you had a ton of fun!

Audra said...

Beautiful pictures, Abbi. Thanks for sharing!

Shana said...

Abbi what beautiful pictures! I love fishing too! It is so wonderful that chad is having you experience so many new things! You got a great husband, but he is so lucky to have you too! We need to get together! I am glad you are having a blast being married! :)

Jessi said...

It looks like Audra isn't the only photographer in the family! Those pictures are gorgeous! Someday we'll go on a camping trip together.

Elaine said...

Aren't the Unita's the Best place?? unless it rains, but even then it is so amazing. Glad you went.

Michelle Pyne said...

Chad is turning you into a great outdoorswoman! Hiking to Angel's landing and the top of Mount Timpanogas, fishing, backpacking, camping! You two are the best!