Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I love the Relief Society Club!

That title's for you, John. :) But really, I do! Tonight I had my first Relief Society activity in my new ward and absolutely loved it. I love women. Especially the women in our ward, they are so friendly and funny and genuine and accepting. It was so good to chat with the older women in the ward. I think young women need older women in their lives. I know I do. And I loved to laugh at everyone's jokes all through the get-to-know-you activity we did. I am so happy I have the Relief Society in my life and I'm excited to get to know the women in my Relief Society better.

5 comments:

Shana said...

I AGREE 100%! How would we meet people without the Relief Society if we didn't work?? I am so grateful we have that in our lives!!

Michelle Pyne said...

Relief Society has definitely been a blessing in my life! I'm so glad you value the 'older' women too! We need to teach the young women in RS that the older women are just like them, only in different packaging!

Kami Hall said...

I agree! We definitely need the RS!

John said...

I love the relief society (blogging) club! But alas I am sad that I could never be apart of the relief society. I am still trying to understand the necessity of separation of the sexes within the CoJCoLDS.

I am happy that you have such a place and group to find enrichment.

You would feel even more blessed if you could put your self in the shoes of an outsider who does not have something like the RS in their lives and can not/ does not believe in the Church.

John said...

Sorry, I should have just used LDS. It stands for Church o (of) Jesus Christ o Latter Day Saints.
:0)