Sunday, November 18, 2007

Book Club (aka Girls' Night Out)

I am learning by first-hand experience how small of a part books play in Book Club. But I'm okay with it, because we have so much fun talking and laughing about everything else! :) It's basically our time to have a girls' night out and talk about anything on our minds. My Book Club has lasted three hours the last two months, because we can't pull ourselves away from chatting and laughing with each other. It's hard to believe that it's lasted the same amount of time that church lasts--it has gone by so much faster! :) I am so grateful for Book Club, it has really helped me make friends in my new neighborhood and ward.

This month's book was Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians, which took me a while to get into, but by the end I was liking it for its amazing creativity, imagination, and humor. If you read it, I would recommend having a really open mind, lack of seriousness, and tolerance for sarcasm.

P.S. Since so many people commented on the flossing thing in my last post, I wanted to tell everyone how it began: When I got my braces on, my orthodontist showed me all these pictures of people's rotting, brown teeth and told me that if I didn't floss, my teeth would become like the teeth in the pictures. He said that a lot of people stop flossing when they get braces, because it's so hard to do with braces on, but I must not be one of them if I didn't want my teeth to rot. He totally freaked me out by those pictures, and I flossed every day for the two years I had braces. Once I got my braces off, flossing seemed like a piece of cake and the habit was set. :) Also, the more I thought about it, I realized I probably miss flossing more than two nights a year, because I don't floss when I camp and I camp more than two nights a year.

4 comments:

Shana said...

YOU ARE SOOOO FUNNY ABBI! And yes, it is so wonderful to be a part of something in your ward! It helps so much to meet good friends! I am glad for you! I think every girl needs a few really close friends in the ward! or even more! :) And the flossing thing... You make me laugh! Love ya girl and KEEP FLOSSING!

Kami Hall said...

I'm glad you've made such good friends in your area. I'm still trying to get to know this girl who lives in the circle with me. And get this.. their names are Kami and John! And they have a son named Cameron! Small world huh?!

Kami Hall said...

I'm glad you've made such good friends in your area. I'm still trying to get to know this girl who lives in the circle with me. And get this.. their names are Kami and John! And they have a son named Cameron! Small world huh?!

Michelle Pyne said...

I love our bookclub too! We actually do discuss the book, but we laugh alot and have lots of fun like you do. I learn alot from other's perspectives. It is fun feeling so 'literary' for one night!

I too am a dedicated flosser. My motivation to floss came from overhearing two dental assistants talking about how yucky and disgusting people's teeth are when they don't floss. I rarely miss a day! (I don't want any dental assistants grossing out when they clean my teeth!)