Monday, November 19, 2007

My Thanksgiving ABCs

This year I am thankful for:

A:
Adam
Audra
Airplanes to fly to visit family
All the places I’ve lived

B:
Brady
Bananas
Blogging
Book Club
the Bountiful temple

C:
Carol
Carson
Carrie
Caytee
Chad
Colby
Crystal
Curt
Cell phones and my Fave-5 Unlimited Calling

D:
Dad
Dale
David
Days off work

E:
Emily
Endless supply of love from Jesus

F:
Fall leaves
Fasting
college Football
Forgiveness

G:
Grandma C*
Grandma H*
Grandpa H*

Grandma M*
a Garage to keep the snow and ice off my car at night
Gordon B. Hinckley

H:
Harry Potter books
Holidays
my Honda Civic with good gas mileage
Hugs

I:
the Innocence of so many kids I work with
the Insight (and advice) I receive from the other women in my life

J:
Jessi
Jon
Jordan
Josh
Julia
the Joy of the Christmas season
Jokes people make at work that make us laugh and relieve some stress

K:
Kyle
a nice Kitchen to cook in

L:
Landon
Logan
Lydia
Laughter

M:
McKenna
Michelle
Mike
Mom
Mail from my Missionary friends

N:
Natalie
Nate
Neal
NPR

O:
Online shopping
Oxy Face Wash

P:
Preston H*
Preston W*
Prayer

Q:
the Quilt my mom made for me

R:
Running with Maegan

S:
Summer
Sundays
Seasons
our Sunbeams

T:
Tanner
Traveling I’ve done and look forward to doing

U:
Utah’s beautiful national parks, forests, and mountains

V:
Visiting teaching

W:
all the Wonderful Wedding gifts we received!
how Warm it has been this fall

X:
Xylophones (just kidding—I couldn’t think of any other X words)

Y:
You!

Z:
butter-Zinger ice cream (it’s the Kroger brand with Butterfinger chunks--yum!)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

11 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

How fun! Can I do an ABC-thankful list too? You know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Elaine said...

Pretty cool idea.. My X would be
X-rays cause it has been a very fun and knowledge stretching career for me. ( the money's not bad either) Happy Thanksgiving to you... Are you going to Eptherim? Spelling????? It doesn't look right but you know what I mean.

Elaine said...

Ok, I know it's Ephriam??? IS IT?
Another thing about me, I am not the best speller. Now that doesn't look right either. Oh well. I'm not a perfectionist remember?

Chris said...

What a fun idea Abbi...you really were able to include a lot of things that we don't think about usually. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Chad. Your first one as a married couple.how fun.
Love ya!!!

Michelle said...

What a fun idea! I love it!

Kami Hall said...

I loved it! What a neat idea!

Shana said...

Abbi,
What a GREAT idea!! :) You are very creative! I will be thinking about you on THanksgiving! Wish we could have been with you! Love ya lots!
Shana

DAVID FOLLAND said...

Your blog is so uplifting and refreshing. Thanks for sharing your beauty and optimism so freely. Today after dinner my daughter Karyn asked each of us to say what we were thankful for. It was easy to come up with many things. I thought we did pretty well until I read your alphabet of thankfulness! I realized if one stretches a little, one can recognize many more things to be thankful for than are just on the surface. I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving. I know Chad is on PICU and had a cold, so don't know if he was able to share it with you. The best thing about a PICU rotation is that the end is in sight!

Jessi said...

What a wonderful way to "count your many blessings." I loved reading your list.

Crystal said...

What a great idea. I am going to do this next year.

Jessi said...

That looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! Oh yea, since I havn't been doing much blogs, I did a couple more. Tell Chad I can't wait for Christmas! McKenna