Monday, February 11, 2008

More Prayers Needed

This is my beautiful, affectionate, loving, wonderful Grandma H*. She fell down the stairs in her house in the middle of the night Saturday-Sunday and is in the hospital. If you could all pray for her, I would really appreciate it! She is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and so she has a hard time understanding what's going on, and that makes it all the harder. She could really use your prayers for the Lord to comfort her, strengthen her in her pain, and give her peace that she'll be okay at the hospital or the nursing home (she really just wants to go home and doesn't understand why she can't).

This man could also use your prayers. He is my Grandpa H*, and he is an angel on the earth. He has been so good to my grandmother through everything and I love him more every day for how graciously, patiently, and lovingly he has gone through my grandma's loss of memory and deteriorating physical health. He has always been so smart, witty, funny, and bright, but just in the last few years I have also realized how tender his heart is. I love him so much and I'm sure he would also benefit from your prayers for the Lord to give him peace, hope, and strength during this trying time.


Thank you for all your prayers! I know Heavenly Father hears them and answers them! So thank you again!

9 comments:

cpcox99 said...

Abbi - we will keep both of them in our prayers. We were so sorry to hear about Grandma H's fall.

Anonymous said...

I will also keep them in my prayers.

Jessi said...

On Sunday as we sat down to dinner David started to say the blessing and McKenna burst in "WAIT!" She realized that we hadn't told him about Grandma yet and she wanted to make sure David remembered to include her in his prayer. It is such a hard thing to go through, but I know that the combined power of prayer will support and comfort them.

Michelle Pyne said...

Thank you for this blog! I will make sure Grandpa gets to see it! I was going to blog about it, but I didn't have time. Thank you!

Chris said...

Aren't grandparents the best? You're so blessed to still have them. It's so hard to see them go through these trials. My heart goes out to all of you at this time and they will be in my prayers. Have you called the temple to put their names on the prayer roll?

Audra said...

They have been in my thoughts and in my prayers ever since I heard. What a hard time for them. It's so sad.

Michelle said...

We will keep them in our prayers. They are such wonderful people. You can tell by how wonderful the entire H* family is. I am sorry to hear that she fell. Not good.

Shana said...

I am so sorry Abbi! They are wonderful people and it is soo hard to see your loved ones suffer! We will remember them in our prayers!!

Elaine said...

I have always loved your Grandparent's and know this is such a hard time for them and all of you. Thanks again, Abbi, for the fun evening with you and Chad.
It was really nice and YUMMMMMMY!!!