Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Word on Shoveling

Since posting about shoveling a couple weeks ago, I realized it could have made my husband look bad. Well, I just wanted to clarify that. The reason why I've shoveled the snow so many times in the last two months is because the sky has dumped snow on us close to every day! :) Chad has shoveled the snow a lot of those days, but he has also been working a lot, and so while he's at work I shovel. And I like doing it. I'm one of those weird people who really likes snow, and I even like to shovel it once in a while. :) So I apologize if it sounded as though I was complaining, because that wasn't my intention! I was just celebrating how I've gotten so much better at shoveling. :) And here's an update on our house and the mountain of snow in front of it (and we're supposed to receive 6 more inches in the next day!):

9 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

When we got our snow a week ago and I shoveled our driveway and front sidewalk, I thought about taking a picture of my work and showing everyone where Abbi gets her snow shoveling genes! But it got dark and I abandoned my intention to take a picture. But I'm right there with you on the snow shoveling - good exercise and very emotionally rewarding work. And when your husband works long hours, hey, its up to you to take care of the snow. So I'm with you all the way on your snow shoveling efforts! Way to go Abbi! (Sorry you have to shovel again - I think last week's storm will do it for us for this winter - I hope!)

Diana said...

I've been shoveling a lot lately too. I like shoveling, but I'm starting to get a little sick of it.

Kimberlie said...

There wasnt any implication to me that you were complaining that you had to do it and Chad didn't. Of course he was probably sitting around watching football saying... "Abbi, make me a sandwich!", while you were breaking your back shoveling snow. Right ;) Ha Ha!

Crystal said...

I'm with you on enjoying shoveling. Dale gets home so late sometimes that I shovel so that he has more time with the kids. We have a cute neighbor who is out snow blowing his driveway in shorts. He comes over and does our driveway nearly 80% of the time. He says it is extra blessings for Dale being in the bishopric. Today Dale was out shoveling and he came out in his pajamas and yelled, H* get back in that house." Dale had a funeral on Friday. I was up at 6:30 that morning with Julia and noticed that my walks had already been done. We have awesome neighbors.

Jessi said...

You make me want to try shoveling snow!

Michelle said...

I didn't think you were complaining at all! You and Chad make a good team. I am ready for nice weather again.

Kami Hall said...

I hate to shovel. I think I should practice more though anyway.

cpcox99 said...

We all know Chad's hanging out at the hospital while you're shoveling snow. :) I actually like doing it too. It's a good excuse to get the kids outside to play while I get some cardio and weight lifting exercise!

Laura said...

I love shoveling snow! I think it's one of my favorite things about snow - get outside, get some exercise. It's really nice. :)