Wednesday, January 30, 2008

11:11 and 9:01

As many of you know, I have this quirky love for the time 11:11. It makes me so excited! I love the number 11, and I love the look of four 1's in a row. Ever since I was little I remember being delighted by this number! I hardly ever see that time anymore. During the day I'm at work and even if I did check the clock, it's not a digital one. And I'm almost always to bed by 11:11, and so I miss it at night. But a couple of nights ago I was up that late and randomly checked the clock and it was 11:11, and the same feeling of delight came back! I just love that number, and I think I always will.

Another time that makes me happy is 9:01. When Chad and I were dating, we would wait to talk on the phone until after 9 so we wouldn't rack up our cell phone minutes (we didn't have the same cell phone company, but both had unlimited night minutes). So during that time, 9:01 was I-get-to-talk-to-Chad time (i.e., happy time). Some days it was so hard to wait until after 9 to talk to Chad. I can remember sitting in my room and studying, and checking the clock every five minutes to see if it was 9:01 yet. It's embarrassing to admit, but it's true. I'm so glad those days are over and we can talk in the mornings, evenings, and after 9:01! :) So now when I see the time 9:01, it is a reminder to me of the blessing of being married to Chad and not having to wait until 9:01 to talk to him!

Here are two happy memories related to my love of the number 11:

This actually is a really crazy story. It was November 11 (11-11) of 2005. I was on a three day trip to Northern England with my London Study Abroad group. We had started the day in York and then traveled to Liverpool. It had been a very happy day of fun traveling and sight-seeing with great friends. Once we got to the hostel we were staying at, one of the professors announced that they had already assigned the rooms and that he would announce who was staying in what rooms. And guess what?! I was assigned to room 111!!! Totally by chance. Talk about happiness for a girl who loves the number 11 AND traveling in England. So this picture is of me in my Liverpool, England hostel room #111, on 11-11, with my alarm clock at the time 11:11. As you can see from the picture, I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. :)

And this picture was also taken on a very happy day. It was the day our car's odometer hit mile 111,111. Pure joy! :) Not only that, but it was while Chad and I were on our National Parks trip, definitely one of the most happy weeks of my life. That was such an awesome trip!!

13 comments:

Crystal said...

My mom has a similar fascination with numbers. Ask Chad about the meaning of the numbers in her birthdate. Her fascination is with the number 5.

Ezra said...

Sounds a little OCD to me. Kidding, I'm only kidding!!

Michelle Pyne said...

We like 11:11 because YOU like 11:11. If we ever catch the clock reading 11:11, we ALWAYS say, "11:11! That's for Abbi! Woohoo!" We have to plan some really significant celebrations for 11:11am and 11:11pm on 11/11/11!

Michelle Pyne said...

Oh yeah, I love the 9:01 story too! It's always good to be thankful for happy times!

Elaine said...

I never knew that about you. How fun and love the pictures. I can't think of one single number or combination of numbers that I like more than others. So boring for me uh?

Jessi said...

Every time I see 11:11 I think of you, too. I love that you take pleasure in the simple things of life!

Chris said...

You are too funny Abbi!!! I'll think of you if I ever see the clock say 11:11am. It won't be p.m. since i'm an early to bed person..lol

Diana said...

I just like odd numbers more than even ones. The odd numbers look better written and sound better. Weird for me, but true.

Kimberlie said...

Didn't you know that 11:11 is when you can make a wish. When I was a Sophmore my friend and I would set our watch's to go off at 11:11 so we would make our wishes. We had french class together then so they would always go off at the same time! Oh and of course the wish always comes true:)

I'm a fan of the odd numbers too. I agree entirely with you Diana. That's why I have to stop at 3 kids. Because I want an odd amount. And I don't want 5. I'm still trying to convince my husband of this stopping at 3 thing.

Shana said...

You are soooo funny and soooo cute!!! That is halarious. I will always think of you when I see those numbers!!! And what a cute story of 9:01!! :) Love ya

Kami Hall said...

Abbi you make me laugh. I never had a favorite number, but I'll be thinking of you whenever it's 11:11 now!

Laura said...

Abbi I love that picture of you and the clock! Pure joy! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Abbi, Its madi! I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love the number 11 too! My birthday is on 11-11 so I have always loved it! I love the time 11:11, I always make a wish!:) And all jerseys in the sports I have played the number is 11!