Monday, January 7, 2008

Update

I just found out that Brian passed away today. I looked out my window and saw Nicolle's visiting teacher heart-attacking her door and so I ran out to ask her what the latest news was. She told me that Brian passed away and Nicolle was home, so I went over to give her a hug. Her mom opened the door for me and let me in, and when I walked in I saw the stake president and his wife was there, and they left so I could talk with her. I was crying when I walked in and gave Nicolle a hug, but she wasn't crying at all. Other than seeming really tired, she was amazingly composed. She asked me if I knew that Brian had passed away, because she never knows what people have heard. We talked about a few things, and she was pretty rational about everything. She said that he had only passed away a few hours ago, and that she had only been home for a little over an hour. She said that everyone wants to help, but she doesn't know what to ask for because all she wants they can't give her. She says she feels like she's in a bad dream and just wants to wake up from it. Everyone, please pray for Nicolle. She is such a beautiful person and I love her so much.

11 comments:

Kami Hall said...

That is so sad. My heart and prayers go out to his family. Any news on his daughter who is in the hospital too? Or was it only him?

Michelle Pyne said...

That is heartbreaking news. I know Heavenly Father's Spirit will strengthen and support Nicole at this time of great sadness. We are so fortunate to have the knowledge of the plan of salvation which gets us through times like this. Our prayers will be with them.

Michelle said...

Oh, I am so sorry for that family! Nicolle and her family are in our prayers. I am so sorry this has has happened. Your mom is right....the knowledge we have can give us peace and comfort when we have to face these sort of trials. I am just so sorry to hear this news.

Shana said...

HOW SAD!! That just made ME cry!! I am so sorry! We will pray for her and her family. That must be so hard!!!!

Crystal said...

How difficult for your friend. I can't even imagine the shock and pain she must be in. We will add her to our prayers.

cpcox99 said...

Our prayers will be for Nicolle. So sad!

Kimberlie said...

That is terrible. Our good friend passed away in a car accident in March of last year. Leaving behind his wife and kids. It's so heartbreaking! I don't know how anyone could handle that without knowing about the plan of salvation. She will be in our prayers too.

Chris said...

We'll never understand why these things have to happen. God only knows. How terribly sad. You're such a good friend Abbi. I know you'll help to comfort her.

Elaine said...

So sorry.

Laura said...

I'm so sorry to hear that terrible news! I will definitely keep that family in my prayers. I'm sure that Nicole appreciated you coming over so much. You are such a Christ-like person!

Emily said...

When I read your post, I started to cry. I don't like to hear about things like this. I am so glad Nicolle has a friend like you to help her right now. You are a good example to me and I will pray for her today!