Sunday, September 9, 2007

For mothers

This poem goes out to all you mothers who sacrifice so much for your children. I think it speaks volumes of a mother's love and the worth of a child.

You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.
(“To My Child,” quoted in Charles L. Wallis, ed., The Treasure Chest [1965], 54)

Thank you, moms, for all you do! And thank you, Mom, for all you do for me! You do so much for me and I hope you know how much I love and admire and appreciate you!!!

4 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

Thank you for your kindness, and for being a daughter that brings tons of happiness to her Mom!

Kami Hall said...

That is so sweet! I can't wait to see you with a little one you can read that to!

Elaine said...

I love that poem too, couldn't remember where to find it though, glad you found it. For some reason I can't comment on Jessi's blog today. I click to comment and nothing happens. I'll try again later.

Kimberlie said...

What a great Poem!