Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Thoghts

1. I just have to say how much I enjoyed visiting with my Aunt Kjirsten and Dane last week when he was in the hospital. It was such a treat for me to be able to go and chat with Kjirsten after work. I'll admit that work can be extremely stressful for me some days, and it was so good to go straight from work to Kjirsten, who made me laugh, made me feel loved, and where I was able to see my life from a different angle--from within a hospital room with a mother and her son. Kjirsten is such a delightful person and I love her so much. It was especially nice because this was during a time that I wasn't able to see Chad a whole lot because of work. It wasn't under the ideal circumstances for Dane and Kjirsten, but I just wanted to let them know how nice that was for me and how much I love them and loved to see them!! And it was so good to see how much better Dane looked every day! I'm so glad he's home and better now.

2. I also wanted to say how much I loved having Carol, Joe, Rachael, and Jordan over last weekend! I know these thoughts are overdue, but I guess they're better late than never. I just love my family so much and it was so good to spend time with them! Thanks for coming over and chilling with us for a while.

3. I am reading the best book right now. I would really recommend it to all of you! It's Let Me Hear Your Voice by Catherine Maurice. I started it on Friday night and I'm already on page 150! I just want to read it all the time. And since I haven't been feeling well this weekend, I have been able to justify just laying around and reading a lot this weekend. The book is nonfiction--it's a mother's story of her child being diagnosed with autism and how she and her family deals with it. There's 300 pages in the book, so I'm only halfway done, but I have loved it so far, and it's gone by really fast. The author deals with so much more than just autism in the book (e.g., motherhood, prayer, interpersonal interaction, emotionally coping through trauma, etc.), so that's why I think you all may like it. Plus, she discusses in some detail the kind of therapy I do with the kids at work, so you would get a better understanding of what I do all day (and with what kind of kids I work with). This book was written about fifteen years ago, so there have been some changes made to the therapy since then, but the basic principles are the same. I bought it, so if you want to borrow it I can lend it to you after I'm done reading it.

4. I am so happy because I have a new baby nephew! He is the sweetest, cutest little thing and he was born last Monday. His name is Joshua Reed and he is one handsome newborn! Congratulations Audra and Mike!!

5. Three months ago today Chad and I got married! I know I say this in practically every blog I post, but I am so grateful and happy to be married to Chad. He is an absolutely amazing husband and person. I am more impressed by how great he is everyday. He finished his emergency department rotation this morning, and I am so proud of him! He is such a hard-worker and so good at what he does. I think I must be in love, because he always looks so good to me when he comes home in the morning after his night shifts, regardless of how tired and sleep-deprived he is.

6. And speaking of the wedding, I am pleased to say that today I finished the last four thank-you cards I needed to write for the wedding! Chad finished his a while ago, and it feels good to have mine done. I have just felt absolutely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support we received, and it feels good to finally have thanked everyone for their thoughtfulness and generosity. I am so grateful for all the support we received. It's helped a lot!

7. And last but not least, Happy Fall Everyone!!!

6 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

I enjoyed reading your Sunday thoughts! They lifted me up and made me happy. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Laura said...

I'm impressed that you finished your thank you notes! I can't honestly say that I know if I finished mine. . . I prefer not to think about it. :)

You have such a wonderful attitude Abbi! Thank you for your thoughts!

Jessi said...

Thanks for sharing your Sunday thoughts. I feel like I kind of know what's in your forefront now. I hope you get feeling better!

Kami Hall said...

Those were nice. Thanks for sharing!

Kjirsten said...

Your blog left a lump in my throat. You don't know how much I looked forward to your visits. And you spent so much time there when you didn't have to, I felt so selfish with your time, but I couldn't help myself, I hated to see you go. Everyone loved being at your house, Leah and Dane feel like they need to visit now after hearing how much everyone else enjoyed their time at your place. We'll have to drop by and thank you and Chad properly for all of the love and care you showered on us while Dane was sick.

Michelle said...

Way to go on finishing your "Thank you's"! That is a big job! And thank you for calling the other night!