Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Wonderful C* Fam

This summer Chad and I have been so blessed to be able to spend great quality time with the C* family. They are so great, and we have had so much fun with them. I keep thinking how lucky I am to be a part of such an awesome family, and how I should highlight them in my blog. So I'm finally getting around to it!

Neal and Carol



Neal:
Before I ever met Neal, Chad told me how much he admired his father and wanted to be like him. I was impressed with how much Chad seemed to revere his father, and I looked forward to meeting him. Neal was so kind to me from the very beginning. He'd always give me a hug and made me feel so welcome in their family get-togethers. He has a quiet way of going about and making people feel important. One of the first things I discovered about Neal at the M* family reunion was that he admires his ancestors and wants to keep their legacy alive, which I think is so admirable. Since that time, I have also learned how hard-working Neal is. He is always about doing things to help others. He has even driven hours and hours to help us fix our a.c. He is a great handy-man and uses those skills to serve others. I am so grateful that I have such a kind, personable father-in-law!

Carol:
Carol is one of the most tender-hearted, loving people I have ever met. She has a great capacity to love freely, even people she doesn't know all that well. She is so good at talking to people she hasn't met before and expressing her love for them in casual, everyday terms. She is also so devoted to the gospel and to doing what is right! I really admire and appreciate how she taught and continues to teach her children from the scriptures, and has instilled in them a desire to do good. She also was very good at teaching her children how to work. All her children are such hard workers, and that is something I really appreciate! :) I also really love how Carol has a great sense of humor, and a great sense of humor about herself as well. She is always laughing and helping others around her laugh. I am so lucky to have such a loving, good-natured, and exemplary mother-in-law!

7 comments:

Kami Hall said...

That's so great that you love your in-laws! I know sometimes it can be hard to like them for one reason or another. Mine are deffinatly challenging...

Michelle Pyne said...

It's good to get to know Neal and Carol better! Thanks for the kind blog!

Audra said...

What a nice tribute to them! I am sure they love their new daughter-in-law.;)

Shana said...

What a sweet Daughter-in-Law you are! :) And a kind tribute. It is wonderful to have such great inlaws that you love.

Laura said...

That is so wonderful that your in-laws are so awesome! (Of course, how could they not be, they produced Chad after all). I'm glad that you get to see them so often!

Michelle said...

They are amazing in-laws. I feel blessed to be apart of their family, too!

cpcox99 said...

Abbi - you really have a way with words and have described Neal and Carol perfectly. I love them too!